The computational domain of Aladin model and the associated orography.
The two color frames encompass the dissemination domains of CHMI.
Main aims of WP10
- Deliver the necessary atmospheric surface fields to the WP8 and WP9 ocean modelling community.
- Study the atmospheric response to sea state conditions and especially to SST spatio-temporal variability in the Mediterranean Sea
- Explore the role of the sea surface fluxes in the formation and evolution of characteristic weather regimes.
- Examine the potential benefits of highly resolved non-hydrostatic atmospheric flows in regional/shelf ocean modelling.
- Define the experimental strategy for the Scientific Validation Period (SVP) inter-comparison exercise.
- Validate the various model results produced during the SVP-WP10 and other related hindcasting operations against observations from various sources.